Applications are now open! Please read the details below carefully and submit your application via the form linked below. Thank you!
Are you passionate about assistive technology and eager to apply and elevate your skills with hands-on experience?
Look no further! At CoCreate, we are always on the lookout for exceptional talents that are willing to apply their skills towards developing assistive technology. Fellows are local innovators from varied backgrounds that commit to CoCreate’s year-long program. Fellows work with PwD and apply the Humanistic Co-Design Process to ideate and deliver an assistive technology.
As a fellow, you will be joining a team that you will grow and innovate with. You will drive your own learning and development with the guidance and coaching from the admin staff, mentors, and team members. This is your opportunity to experience a unique environment and spend your internship period with a passionate and diversely talented team. The work we do create a signiﬁcant impact and your engagement with us will contribute largely to that impact.
Ideate. Innovate. Impact
Within CoCreate, projects apply varied disciplines from software development to mechanical engineering! Join us and craft a most learned experience within the following design and development disciplines:
- UX Experience and UI Design
- Mobile development (Android, iOS, or cross-platform)
- 3D modelling and fabrication
- Physical therapy
- Game design and/or development
- Special education
- Augmented, virtual, and mixed reality design and/or development
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical egnineering
We have a level of expectation from our fellows to ensure they can settle in with their assigned teams and tasks. This includes, but not limited to the following:
- You are willing to commit at least 5-10 hours a week for your project through the entirety of your year-long fellowship.
- You have the skillset and know the familiar tools of the reported discipline expertise. Your portfolio should reflect your level of expertise and you will utilise your teams with CoCreate to advance your skills within a team working on designing and developing assistive technology.
- You are proactive, able to meet deadlines, and able to share and explain your progress with your assigned team.
- You are proficient in working with teams and willing to listen and collaborate to achieve the goals that are being set by CoCreate and the teams.
The hiring process within CoCreate is as follows:
- Fill out the form below and share with us your personal statement, updated CV and portfolio showing your level of expertise in the desired discipline.
- The interview will be conducted with CoCreate’s Executive Director.
- Your initial acceptance after the interview, you will join the 3-day program launch.
- Upon the successful completion of the 3-day workshop, the fellowship will be offered.